British Comic Swapmeet 28th September

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Adam Eterno

British Comic Swapmeet 28th September

Post by Adam Eterno »

Just a reminder that the 5th Swapmwet is being held this coming Saturday and Sunday in Watford. I know at least a couple of forum members will be there as well as a few artist and writer guests. It should be a great chance to fill gaps, start new collections and talk about our shared hobby! I’m not sure if there are any tables left but Colcool007 will know.

I’ve just managed to arrange to make it so I’ll be the tall guy with a pocket full of pennies carefully wading through the contents on the various tables on Saturday so make sure you say hi!

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: British Comic Swapmeet 28th September

Post by colcool007 »

Twelve tables have gone already, but Bruce will be able to sneak another one in. Guests are Steve MacManus, Alan Hebden, James Nicholas (son of Barrie Tomlinson and a writer to boot) and Mike Dorey.

Come along for a good old chinwag, a nice brew and loads of British comics for sale/swapping.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Richard S.

Post by Richard S. »

I'll be there! Wearing my Dan dare t-shirt, come and say hi
my blog: http://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.co.uk/
facebook: Richard Sheaf
facebook group: Boys adventure comic blog
Twitter: @richardandsheaf
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BoysAdventureComics/

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

i cant go like i wanted to, as i want to sell everything , as i cant turn down a free luxury box ticket to see my grey hair inducing spurs team lose.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Well it was a grand day out. Spent ages chatting with one and all. It was so nice to actually meet some of the people I have been chatting to over the years through social media and over the phone. Kudos to Bruce Scott for organising a gret day out and thanks to Steve "Action Man" MacManus", Mike Dorey, Alan Hebden and James Nicholas for being kind enough to give up of their time and let us fanboy all over him.

The next one is March 2020 in Glasgow. Hope to see more of you there.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

colcool007 wrote: Kudos to Bruce Scott for organising a gret day out and thanks to Steve "Action Man" MacManus", Mike Dorey, Alan Hebden and James Nicholas for being kind enough to give up of their time and let us fanboy all over him.
I'm sure that there is no such thing as a 'gret day', Col, nor a verb 'to fanboy'. Furthermore, in 'give up of their time' the word 'of'' is superfluous. As I am planning to go to Truro tomorrow, I'll have a wee peek into the most comprehensive dictionaries in W.H. Smiths, just out of curiosity. If the word 'fanboy' appears, or does not appear, in any of them, as a verb, or even as a noun, I will report back.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

For any one interested, March 2020 will be in Glasgow. Swapmeet 5 means that I now only need four issues to complete my run of Commando to date. The lowest issue is 370 and the highest is 4193.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

colcool007 wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 19:55
For any one interested, March 2020 will be in Glasgow. Swapmeet 5 means that I now only need four issues to complete my run of Commando to date. The lowest issue is 370 and the highest is 4193.
There's also very early provisional talk of the #7 one being in Banbury, Oxfordshire in July 2020

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

colcool007 wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 09:16
thanks to Steve "Action Man" MacManus", Mike Dorey, Alan Hebden and James Nicholas for being kind enough to give up of their time and let us fanboy all over him.
I had to laugh when I was buying comics off of Stephen and he just apologised and left me as he had to do and see one of the professionals as they were free! I'm sure they're used to that sort of fanboy mentality but it did make me laugh.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Adam Eterno wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 22:09
colcool007 wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 19:55
There's also very early provisional talk of the #7 one being in Banbury, Oxfordshire in July 2020
I'll be honest and say that Banbury is unlikely for me to be able to attend.

abacus

Post by abacus »

Phoenix wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 11:23
colcool007 wrote: Kudos to Bruce Scott for organising a gret day out and thanks to Steve "Action Man" MacManus", Mike Dorey, Alan Hebden and James Nicholas for being kind enough to give up of their time and let us fanboy all over him.
I'm sure that there is no such thing as a 'gret day', Col, nor a verb 'to fanboy'. Furthermore, in 'give up of their time' the word 'of'' is superfluous. As I am planning to go to Truro tomorrow, I'll have a wee peek into the most comprehensive dictionaries in W.H. Smiths, just out of curiosity. If the word 'fanboy' appears, or does not appear, in any of them, as a verb, or even as a noun, I will report back.
Funnily enough the word gret which should in correct english be spelt great appears in a recent comic buy of mine see first panel of the strip shown.I suppose with much use that is how language eventually alters.