Ebay - you want how much for it???

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Ebay - you want how much for it???

Post by Phoenix »

It's been working all week, was fine this morning, and earlier this afternoon, and indeed this evening. To make absolutely sure, I've just bought a novel from an eBay seller. Given that Kashgar resides in the frozen North, and Steve in London, perhaps it has something to do with the scorching sun cracking the flags that we have had all day down here in Cornwall? Don't get too jealous, just sell your house/flat and get yourselves down here. You won't regret it!!

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

Phoenix wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 19:21
It's been working all week, was fine this morning, and earlier this afternoon, and indeed this evening. To make absolutely sure, I've just bought a novel from an eBay seller. Given that Kashgar resides in the frozen North, and Steve in London, perhaps it has something to do with the scorching sun cracking the flags that we have had all day down here in Cornwall? Don't get too jealous, just sell your house/flat and get yourselves down here. You won't regret it!!
Hi Derek, I can't speak for Steve but for me it's the new format I don't like and nothing to do with problems with purchases several of which I have made this week.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

It was a new seller hub which looked like it had been created by someone on LSD. I've exited that but the classic eBay had gone and I'm going to have to get used to the new version.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Who's got forty two grand going spare? Not to mention £3.99 postage.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Invincible-I ... ect=mobile

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

stevezodiac wrote:
30 Apr 2021, 15:50
Who's got forty two grand going spare? Not to mention £3.99 postage.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Invincible-I ... ect=mobile
Why is it that sellers who put items on eBay for crazy sums are willing to send something priced at a butt-clenching £42k for £3.99? Hope that p&p included a boarded envelope with a do not bend sticker. 🥴
Well, hello there! :wave:

Tin Can Tommy

Post by Tin Can Tommy »

I saw the first beezer annual on ebay for £75. And it wasnt even in mint condition.

The most amusing thing though was that there were a couple listings for the same annual. And the second was only a pound. :D

Both had no bids on them.

blaing

Post by blaing »

This time, it's not eBay, but more Amazon Marketplace.

I have been looking for the only IPC Nipper annual until recently, where I finally got it for £15 plus postage.

But there was a seller wanting a lot more than that (£119.95 plus postage)

It seems that people still have the mentality that if it's rare, it must be worth a fortune :roll:

True, I paid more than I should have, but I haven't seen the annual on eBay in a long time.

Tin Can Tommy

Post by Tin Can Tommy »

Over 100 pounds for an annual from the 1980s... Do these things ever sell?
I can't imagine there's that sort of demand for fleetway/IPC's humour comics annuals and Nipper is probably the least popular of the lot.

blaing

Post by blaing »

Well, either someone was silly enough to buy the book, or has been withdrawn, as the status now shows "currently unavailable".

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

I've seen some late 60s annuals listed on ebay as mint with an asking price of £200 plus. Jez, I'd expect to pay that sort of price for some original art. 😳
Well, hello there! :wave:

Tin Can Tommy

Post by Tin Can Tommy »

Just saw this on amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dandy-Beano-Cl ... 0992663504

Over a grand!!! For a book of reprints from 2013...

Tin Can Tommy

Post by Tin Can Tommy »

Another overpriced comic I've seen. The Beano Christmas special from 2018 (so only 3 years old) is on sale on Amazon and ebay for just under £100...
Strangely all the other christmas specials are reasonably priced.

Luckily its the only christmas special (along with the current one) that I already have :D