CRIKEY! issue 9 out now!

For publications about British Comics and Story Papers; blog updates, heads-up to relevant websites etc!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Lew Stringer

CRIKEY! issue 9 out now!

Post by Lew Stringer »

The new issue of Crikey! has just been published. Review on my blog:
http://lewstringer.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... t-now.html

AndyB
Throgmorton

Re: CRIKEY! issue 9 out now!

Post by AndyB »

Still waiting for the backorder of Issue 8 in Belfast - they couldn't even fulfil their orders with the supply they got...

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

AndyB wrote:Still waiting for the backorder of Issue 8 in Belfast - they couldn't even fulfil their orders with the supply they got...
I've heard about this from other comic shops too and understand it's the fault of the distributors, not the Crikey folk. (One shop ordered 15 copies and received 6.) This is quite worrying for a small press mag dependent on every single sale.

Could I suggest to any comic shop out there that if they have problems with their Crikey! orders that they contact Crikey asap, (contact info on their website http://www.crikeyuk.co.uk/) as I don't think complaints to the distributor are making much difference and Crikey are unaware of the extent of the problem.

Lew

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

This is the first I've heard of it, which shows how bad the distribution problems are. :( They need to get it sorted pronto, or they'll wind up folding due to lack of sales!

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Digifiend wrote:This is the first I've heard of it, which shows how bad the distribution problems are. :( They need to get it sorted pronto, or they'll wind up folding due to lack of sales!
When you say "This is the first I've heard of it" do you mean this is the first time you've heard of "Crikey" :o

Black Max

Post by Black Max »

Hey folks, any idea what's happening with the Crikey! website?
Only getting a spinning logo and nowt else :headbash:

Captain Storm

Post by Captain Storm »

Hi Black Max,click on the block of text underneath the spinning logo :lol:

The Cap.

Black Max

Post by Black Max »

Well colour me stupid - never noticed the page was bigger than the logo and all i had to do was scroll down.
D'oh!

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

Lew Stringer wrote:
AndyB wrote:Still waiting for the backorder of Issue 8 in Belfast - they couldn't even fulfil their orders with the supply they got...
I've heard about this from other comic shops too and understand it's the fault of the distributors, not the Crikey folk. (One shop ordered 15 copies and received 6.) This is quite worrying for a small press mag dependent on every single sale.

Could I suggest to any comic shop out there that if they have problems with their Crikey! orders that they contact Crikey asap, (contact info on their website http://www.crikeyuk.co.uk/) as I don't think complaints to the distributor are making much difference and Crikey are unaware of the extent of the problem.

Lew
We were totally unaware of the problem-but we aren't now! Thanks, Lew.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

Yep, and I also e-mailed Glenn (whose inbox is full, if you could tell him, Tony?). I now have my missing Crikeys!

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

AndyB wrote:Yep, and I also e-mailed Glenn (whose inbox is full, if you could tell him, Tony?). I now have my missing Crikeys!
Will do, Andy. :)