What's the most you've spent on one comic?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Kashgar
Guru

Re: What's the most you've spent on one comic?

Post by Kashgar »

As this strand has been resurrected I've had a think and, from memory, the most I've paid in a single transaction for anything was £560 for the first three Bunty Summer Specials 1963-1965.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Kashgar wrote:As this strand has been resurrected I've had a think and, from memory, the most I've paid in a single transaction for anything was £560 for the first three Bunty Summer Specials 1963-1965.
Good Grief. Hope they were good.

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

For a single comic, probably the £165 I paid for World's Finest Comics #13 (sorry to drag US titles into the discussion). For a batch of comics (excluding stock for my business), probably the £400 I spent on a fairly sizable pile of Eagle's a few years back, which happily included the whole of vol I. :)

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

This website may be called Comics UK, but that doesn't mean foreign comics are off topic here at the forum! Heck, a lot of newspaper strips are actually American. :D

presterjohn

Post by presterjohn »

For actual comics I don't think I have spent more than around £15.00 I have gone a bit mad on some of the Absolute and Omnibus hardcover editions that Marvel and DC are want to produce these days though. they tend to go for between £30 to £50 each.