Six Nations

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

AndyB
Throgmorton

Six Nations

Post by AndyB »

Well, what does everyone think so far?

Ireland didn't seem to be trying very hard (not surprising - I joked on twitter earlier that Italy were added to the Five Nations to give Scotland someone to beat), but as a definite Ulster Rugby Fan, even I have to admit that O'Gara was on top of his game.

I continue to be amused that Paddy Wallace is the third choice out half for Ireland (behind Jonathan Sexton), when that's his exact position in Ulster - behind Niall O'Connor and Ian Humphreys. It says a lot for the strength of Ulster Rugby's supply of backs - Andrew Trimble can also kick competently.

Jonny Whizz

Re: Six Nations

Post by Jonny Whizz »

Not much of a rugby fan, but I did see some of the Scotland-France game today. France did seem to have the upper hand. Also, it was good that England beat Wales - too often we let the principality beat us (and they've belonged to us for much longer than Scotland or Ireland).
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

chrissmillie

Post by chrissmillie »

Well done to John Wilkins and his England club. I think Chelsea Rugby Team might be signing him soon with all the money they have.

France I think got a couple of tries. It's a shame but you don't get points for just trying but keep on boys and you might get a kickgoal.

I don't think Ireland (I'm not sure if it's the Republic or Northern) will do much against Italy, as the Italians are always good at ball sports. I fancy a 2-1 win for the Italians.

I've tipped Manchester United to win everything this season, so I think they'll be top of the 6 Clubs Rugby Cup.

I love football rugby me.
STARSCAPE
http://www.StarscapeComic.co.uk
Classic British reprints and all-new comics

chrissmillie

Post by chrissmillie »

Jonny Whizz wrote:Not much of a rugby fan, but I did see some of the Scotland-France game today. France did seem to have the upper hand. Also, it was good that England beat Wales - too often we let the principality beat us (and they've belonged to us for much longer than Scotland or Ireland).
When did any other British countries belong to England?
STARSCAPE
http://www.StarscapeComic.co.uk
Classic British reprints and all-new comics

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

I suggest you research your British history, from 1066-1603.