Wallace and Gromit

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Which is the best Wallace and Gromit film?

A Grand Day Out
No votes
The Wrong Trousers
50%
A Close Shave
No votes
The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
50%
A Matter Of Loaf And Death
No votes

Total votes: 2

Jonny Whizz

Wallace and Gromit

Post by Jonny Whizz »

I've always loved Wallace and Gromit - I can recall watching the films around the age of three.

Which do you think is the best Wallace and Gromit film? Personally, I have always liked The Wrong Trousers best.
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

Peter Gray

Re: Wallace and Gromit

Post by Peter Gray »

Amother poll not working.it keeps saying invalid..

I chose Close Shave.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Yeah, I'm getting the invalid message too. :(

Considering A Close Shave got a spin-off (Shaun the Sheep)... it shows how well liked that one is.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

If the WRONG TROSERS was the one with the metallic bulldog, then that is my chosen selection, young Jonny-me-lad.

brisey

Post by brisey »

I really liked the movie-Curse of the Were-Rabbit.

Then that is just me.

Wrong Trousers seems to be a winner here.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Spy is talking about close shave. that had the robot dog..

Steve Henderson

Post by Steve Henderson »

My favourite moments are from different films!

1. Close Shave
2. Curse of the Were-Rabbit
3. Wrong Trousers (although the chase at the end is my favourite all time moment - animation perfection)
4. Loaf and Death
5. Grand Day Out

The Wallace and Gromit films got me into animation when I was around 6. Remember it vividly!

Jonny Whizz

Post by Jonny Whizz »

I've been getting an invalid as well, and it's my poll! It's a bit of a gamble, not too many polls have been set on here in the past.

I think I started watching W&G at about 3! I have to say that the penguin (Feathers McGraw) in The Wrong Trousers is my favourite villain from the films. I got an excellent book for Christmas showing lots of original artwork by Nick Park and there were some brilliant ones of the penguins, showing some of the ideas that made it into The Wrong Trousers, such as him going into Gromit's room and ending up in a milk bottle.

If I was to put the films in order:
1. The Wrong Trousers
2. Curse of the Were-Rabbit
3. Matter Of Loaf And Death
4. A Close Shave
5. A Grand Day Out

I'd say that after my favourite The Wrong Trousers, it's very close between the next three. A Grand Day Out is charming and funny but (objectively speaking) it's slower than the others, it has the least developed plot and the appearance of Wallace and Gromit was a bit different. I still love it though - some of the jokes in it are brilliant like the mice wearing the sunglasses and Gromit spinning round on the drill.
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Al says it's the forum software to blame, so no more polls until the problem is fixed please. I complained in the Suggestions forum, so go read his reply there if you want a full explanation.