What Radio programs do you listen to and type of music?

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Digifiend

Re: What Radio programs do you listen to and type of music?

Post by Digifiend »

My alarm clock is tuned to Radio Humberside. Gotta keep an eye on local news and travel (wouldn't want to get caught out by an accident on the number 30 bus route, which would cause the buses to be delayed). I hate the programme they air on Sundays though - religious programmes aren't my thing at all.

PaulTwist

Post by PaulTwist »

6 Music for music (sounds like it would be right up your street, steelclaw!). SAVE 6 MUSIC!
Radios 4 and 7 for comedy.
Occasionally Radio 2 or Absolute, depending who's on.
Occasionally TalkSport, depending on how annoyed I want to be by right-wing rhetoric. ;)

The BBC really are the best at radio.

Steve Henderson

Post by Steve Henderson »

I got Ska-Punk, Rock, Bit of Metal anything but new RnB but I generally just listen to podcasts 'Stuff you should know' is a great one, plus loads of podcasts from comedians and the like. If I'm listening to the radio then its usually Radio 1 or 2 and on a Saturday morning its the Adam and Joe show! (Or whoever tends to be sitting in for them)

I have a terrible habit of putting the telly on when Im drawing which is a terrible distraction (as is the internet!) but the podcasts help loads!

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

PaulTwist wrote:6 Music for music (sounds like it would be right up your street, steelclaw!).
I have tuned in to BBC 6 Music Stuart Maconie's Freak Zone, he played a band I thought I would never hear on the radio.
'Instant Automatons' a track from 'Peter Paints his Fence EP.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

I was listening to Radio 4 just after 7, and got a blast of 6 Music half way through the news and into the Archers... it cut back after about three minutes.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

AndyB wrote:I was listening to Radio 4 just after 7, and got a blast of 6 Music half way through the news and into the Archers... it cut back after about three minutes.
They played the 'Undertones' over the Archers they reckon some people at 6 Music were upset about being cut in the BBC Budget so somehow channeled though to Radio 4.