This week's issue

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

AndyB
Throgmorton

Re: This week's issue

Post by AndyB »

I must say I'm very glad that Ken likes drawing sexy women, and Laura doesn't tone it down in the slightest :)

Little Squelchy Thing

Post by Little Squelchy Thing »

There's something like five pages of Laura's work in The Beano this week, which is very good to see! Hooray!

RamblingSid

Post by RamblingSid »

Classic Comics, out of interest what Doctor Who and radio have you written?

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Wikipedia can answer that. Classic Comics is Iain McLaughlin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iain_McLaughlin
You might also be interested in this interview.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cul ... 3696.shtml

Classic Comics

Post by Classic Comics »

I've got a Wiki page, eh? Crikey, whatever next? Whoever wrote that page knows me well - the work stuff they could pick up from the various DW sites I infest - but the giveaway is that they know I'm a Sandra Bullock fan. Somebody's been having a jolly wheeze there.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

I've removed the Sandra Bullock link, as that was clearly vandalism (the same IP address had already had another edit reverted saying that you was one of the Cheeky Girls! :lol: ) I've also cleaned it up - there was a Gallifrey One link on there, but that site has been severely trimmed down and the reviews are no longer there.

Know anyone called Randomname08? That's who made the article.

RamblingSid

Post by RamblingSid »

Thanks for the information.

Classic Comics

Post by Classic Comics »

Digifiend wrote:I've removed the Sandra Bullock link, as that was clearly vandalism (the same IP address had already had another edit reverted saying that you was one of the Cheeky Girls! :lol: ) I've also cleaned it up - there was a Gallifrey One link on there, but that site has been severely trimmed down and the reviews are no longer there.

Know anyone called Randomname08? That's who made the article.
Yeah, I think I know who created the page. He a Doctor Who fan. I think I even know which forum he got all the info from. The other stuff - Sandra Bullock and the Cheeky Girls - is clearly also someone who knows me. My admiration for Ms Bullock is well-noted and the Cheeky Girls thing... I used to date a rather fabulous Romanian lady. So it's obviously a somebody who knows me being a bit of a wag.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

I enjoyed the manic energy of Lord Snooty the third this week.like the 4D experience and the funny punchline that he liked it!!! :D

Also nice to see Clone boy in Super School..
Also nice to see Clone boy in Super School.. :wink:

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Bad timing with this week's Minnie strip. Cheryl Tweedy features (under that name, not Cole) but of course in reality she'd be in no state to sing (Minnie interrupts her while dressed as her!) because of her malaria.

EDIT: There's a lot of celebrities in this week's issue actually. Minnie also features Simon Cowell, Andy Murray, and Sue Barker. And Snooty features Beyonce.

I doubt that the makers of the new Cats and Dogs film will be happy. They paid to have a front page advert, but it wasn't displayed in shops because the activity card covers it up and the comic was bagged - only people who buy the comic would've seen it, so they might as well have just had a regular advert.

Was it deliberate that Laura's two strips, Meebo and Zucky and Beano Manga, both featured a shark in the same issue?

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Liked the colouring in Beano Manga..alos noticed the art of the wave!!

Also loved the craziness i9n Bash street and Fred's Bed.. 8)

steven

Post by steven »

Digifiend wrote:Bad timing with this week's Minnie strip. Cheryl Tweedy features (under that name, not Cole) but of course in reality she'd be in no state to sing (Minnie interrupts her while dressed as her!) because of her malaria.

EDIT: There's a lot of celebrities in this week's issue actually. Minnie also features Simon Cowell, Andy Murray, and Sue Barker. And Snooty features Beyonce.

And a Max Clifford type characther in the Minnie story.

Also Simon Cowell's been in the Beano a lot latley.

Classic Comics

Post by Classic Comics »

In the course of writing this run of Minnies, I did a bit of research (we don't just throw this together, y'know) and found out that Max Clifford has a bit of history in the comics. When he was younger one of his first jobs was working on the Eagle. Now there's a useless fact for you.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Super School looks different this week, and is unsigned. Looks like it was ghosted by Tom Paterson?

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

Digifiend wrote:Super School looks different this week, and is unsigned. Looks like it was ghosted by Tom Paterson?
It is. Tom filled in on one a few weeks ago too.
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/