Steve Bright on BBC radio 5

Discuss comic art, the artists and writers both current and from the past.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Nice to hear Bananaman artist supreme Steve Bright chatting with Radio 5's Anita Anand, while inking an episode of Beryl the Peril. Love the accent, Steve! :)

- Phil Rushton

NP

Post by NP »

Steve Bright's got an accent? Never noticed it myself!

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Oh well...I guess when you come from Stoke-on-Trent everybody tends to sound as though they have an accent! :?

- Phil Rushton

Steve Bright

Post by Steve Bright »

I think Mr Parkinson is being a trifle ironic, Phil. Aye, Laddie!

Thanks for pointing out my brief radio 'appearance' - it was a very impromptu event following on from a text message I sent to the programme. For anyone with nothing better to do, it can be listened to again through Radio 5 Live's website for the next few days - click on the 'LISTEN AGAIN' facility (you may need to download RealPlayer, but it guides you through this, and it costs nowt), then Anita Anand's show for Thursday. You can fast forward in 15 & 1 minute chunks, and you'll find my three minutes of fame at around the 1 hour 46 minute mark.

Do listen on though - the following hour of the programme contained a MUCH more entertaining interview with the (now 80-year-old) actor who provided voices for the Daleks, as well as Brains and Parker from Thunderbirds. Now THAT was worth listening too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/
Wake up, smell the coffee, put on some toast...

http://www.stevebrightcartoons.co.uk

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Now I've listened to it thanks for how much time in...couldn't find it last time...

She seemed pleased for you reaching your new goal
Last edited by Peter Gray on 21 Aug 2006, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Storm

Post by Captain Storm »

Peter,listening to your comments(sic)surely the advent of Podcasting by the more techie minded among us could give a voice to real comic fans.It seems this forum needs to branch out a bit to stop it from becoming a bitch-house(substitute STAID)...God knows I've done my share in the past!!Research and the betterment(is that a word?)of the comic fan world should be the maxim of this forum...let's get others in on the act and spread the word!Only then can our knowledge increase and we can impart to those with little or no knowledge what we know.Now I'm off to bed....thank ye Gods I'm not the only one who can lose the plot now and again...quote(amended).."It's a COMIC!!"..unquote. :twisted:

kevf

Post by kevf »

I recorded an interview for Resonance FM, the offbeat London arts and culture station, a couple of weeks ago. Due to their less than orthodox technical set-up, the interview (which was a good hour and a half) erased itself so we have to do it all again next week.

It'll be on in September. If I manage to put the comics world to right in tasty soundbites, again, I'll let you know when it's on.

Kev F
Kev F - Comic Genius
http://comicfestival.co.uk

kevf

Post by kevf »

PS. Also did a phone interview on Friday with the Telegraph on the subject of British superheroes, to tie in with a competition a costume shop is running getting readers to design one.

Don't read the Telegraph, so it might have already appeared.

Kev F
Kev F - Comic Genius
http://comicfestival.co.uk

grumpy old man

Post by grumpy old man »

?and don?t forget your appearance in the Mail on Sunday gossip column (!). Wherever next Love Island, Big Brother?

Steve Bright

Post by Steve Bright »

:lol: And here was me thinking, upon seeing that Kev F had posted on this thread, that I was about to be accused of being un unashamed, blatant self-publicist. :shock:
Wake up, smell the coffee, put on some toast...

http://www.stevebrightcartoons.co.uk

Dizrythmia

Post by Dizrythmia »

Wow, Steve sounds like Chief O'Reilly ;)

She does kinda cut him off when he's about to start something though... peh DJs...