Spurs to finish in the top four.

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Jonny Whizz

Re: Spurs to finish in the top four.

Post by Jonny Whizz »

Yes, it's good that Blackpool are back in the top flight - in fact, they were in the bottom division as recently as 2001. That's not quite as quick a rise up the divisions as say, Fulham or Hull, but pretty impressive, given that I thought they were overachieving in merely being in the Championship, and they were one of the favourites for the drop at the start of the season.

Personally I thought there were four really good footballing teams in the play-offs this year. There were some great matches (notably Forest v. Blackpool second leg) and I think Nottingham Forest, Cardiff or Leicester would have been equally welcome back.
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Well done to Millwall for getting in the championship League about time as well.

Jonny Whizz

Post by Jonny Whizz »

I agree that it's a good thing, Tranmere now won't have to play them next year (having said that, beating them did help keep us up). Also, with Norwich and Leeds gone too, there's fewer 'big' teams in the division. Sheffield Wednesday is another 'big' one but neither Plymouth nor Peterborough are truly big guns.

Seriously, I think Millwall did deserve to go up, they're a better side than Swindon in my opinion and they seemed too good for League One. I am really glad Leeds are up too though, they've suffered enough.
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Of course Leeds going up restores the Hull-Leeds rivalry. Hard to believe they're in the same division again after being two divisions apart for the last two seasons.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Digifiend wrote:Of course Leeds going up restores the Hull-Leeds rivalry.
If you were so minded, Digi, you could go to the match at the KC next season wearing one of those scarves that seem popular these days, with Hull City on one half and Leeds United on the other. It would encapsulate some encouragement on your part for your home town club and at the same time honour your late father's support for the Whites.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Phoenix wrote:
Digifiend wrote:Of course Leeds going up restores the Hull-Leeds rivalry.
If you were so minded, Digi, you could go to the match at the KC next season wearing one of those scarves that seem popular these days, with Hull City on one half and Leeds United on the other. It would encapsulate some encouragement on your part for your home town club and at the same time honour your late father's support for the Whites.
Yeah he could wear it with his Man U shirt. :D

alanultron5

Post by alanultron5 »

Did Spurs do it?
A Face unclouded by thought.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Yes they did.

1st Chelsea 86pts
2nd Manchester United 85pts
3rd Arsenal 75pts
4th Tottenham Hotspur 70pts
5th Manchester City 67pts
6th Aston Villa 64pts
7th Liverpool 63pts

Liverpool had a bad season and Spurs reaped the benefits!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009%E2%80 ... ague_table

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

alanultron5 wrote:Did Spurs do it?
They walked it, next season top 3.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

steelclaw wrote:They walked it, next season top 3.
Everybody is allowed one season in the sun, steelclaw, but don't be too demanding. I'm feeling a bit prophetic here today. I think seventh or eighth is the best you can hope for next season. :D

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Phoenix wrote:
steelclaw wrote:seventh or eighth is the best you can hope for next season. :D
You can not be serious :lol: 5th at worse.
When Gerrald and Torres leave Liverpool where do you think they will finish? I reckon they will have thier worse season ever in the Premier.
Man City will have a team that can't jell together however much they spend.
Aston Villa will finish in the bottom half along with Bolton who might just get relegated.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

steelclaw wrote:When Gerrald and Torres leave Liverpool
Who's Gerrald? :D
steelclaw wrote:Bolton...might just get relegated.
Not if we sign Gerrald. :lol:

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Phoenix wrote:Who's Gerrald?
The twit who didn't play for England. :)
Gerrard is the one who plays for Liverpool for now.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

why did i not see this topic before. COYS.TTID .Yid army. though there is no way we will finish top 4 this year as we cant manage league and champions league together but it would be nice to win it this year b4 the gooners.lol

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Liverpool to get relegated, anyone? They're in 18th place at the moment. Never known them be that bad before. In the meantime, Spurs are flying high in 5th. Looks like they're no one season wonder, so far.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm