CLiNT: New newsstand comic from Mark Millar/Titan!

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Re: CLiNT: New newsstand comic from Mark Millar/Titan!

Post by felneymike »

philcom55 wrote:Like Steve Holland, I also wonder how long it'll be before the 'L' and the 'I' on the cover are strategically obscured to give the magazine's title an extra measure of puerile smuttiness! :roll:

- Phil Rushton
Issue 3 is out and somebody's head is almost in the right position. So i expect the next issue will go all the way

PaulTwist

Post by PaulTwist »

Still trying to be positive about CLiNT, and I do enjoy some of the strip content, but the cover feature - which was just a load of quotes from other Tarantino interviews with NO NEW INFO WHATSOEVER - was atrocious. Must do better.

Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Hmmmm. No sign of issue 5 yet, 4 days after due date.

Bought them all so far - some of it not really my cup of tea but trying to stick with it.

Some strips feel like they are trying to be shocking or 'adult' just for the sake of it. ie. the strip would work just as well without the swearing/adult themes etc.

The first series of 'Torchwood' was a a little like that imho.....

Anyone heard anything on the delay of issue 5?

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

*checks in*
Not cancelled yet? Oh well...

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Something's up... both the official website and their Twitter still say #4 is the latest issue.

django

Post by django »

According to a thread on the millarworld forums its "going to be delayed a few weeks due to some of the art not yet being ready".

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

:!: Tsk. That's why publishers usually stockpile material, to prevent delays like this..

PaulTwist

Post by PaulTwist »

The bulk of the strip content is reprint anyway...

Have to say, as a big Stewart Lee fan, I enjoyed #4. Bit worried that it's not long for this earth now, though. Those of us who read US comics are used to delays like this, but people expect magazines from newsagents to be regular as clockwork.

For all its faults, I hope Clint continues...

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

If "art is not yet ready" then the item in question presumably isn't reprint. All a reprint would need is an email containing scans of the art. Sounds like someone missed a deadline for a piece of new material. If that excuse on Millarworld Forum is true, anyway.

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

Digifiend wrote:If "art is not yet ready" then the item in question presumably isn't reprint.
It's caught up with the material it was reprinting as the American editions are/were late.

bubbadog

Post by bubbadog »

Lew Stringer wrote:
Digifiend wrote:If "art is not yet ready" then the item in question presumably isn't reprint.
It's caught up with the material it was reprinting as the American editions are/were late.
Which really doesn't auger well for any potential future the mag may or may not now have.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

As I said, they should've had a stockpile in case of this situation. They do not want to be short of material. Perhaps they should've launched a month later.

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

They can't stockpile if the art isn't available to them from the US in the first place (unless you mean a stockpile 0of alternative art / strips which is a fair point) as that itself is running late. Fair point though about publishing later (maybe more than a month later though) but then hindsight is always a wonderful thing after the event. I always "worry" that mags come out wanting to publish comic strips from US etc where the source material has only just be published and or is currently being created, so perhaps they should have factored that in and looked at publishing completed strips first where they had the art up front (if that's possible that is) - This happened with Pannini when they were reprinting Avengers material/stories a few years ago, for me that result was excellent as they filled the void (for about 3 months) whilst the new material was printed in the USA, with classic Adams and Buscema work, and of course who can forget the legendary Planet of the Apes UK Marvel weekly that used all the US material available for the weekly and ran out of material on a then popular comic - there answer change the Killraven (War of the Worlds) strip to "Apeslayer" and redraw all the Killraven strip villains as apes!!

PaulTwist

Post by PaulTwist »

Millar could have lined up some more of his own creator-owned work, surely? Not sure if Wanted would've worked for a non-comics literate audience (and it may have been confusing that it's a different premise from the film), but The Unfunnies would've worked, and been right up Clint's street in terms of "offensiveness". And there's always Superior, though maybe he's waiting until Nemesis finishes before running it. Failing that, they could've cobbled together more "interviews" from press packs and other magazines. ;)

I really, REALLY want Clint to succeed. An adult-orientated comic in the newsagents that isn't 2000 AD or Viz is something I never thought I'd see. Hopefully these are just teething hiccups. Hopefully.

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

The CLiNT Facebook page has announced No.5 will be out on January 27th, which is when issue 6 would have been due! :roll: