FOOTBALL SEASON 2010/11

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

dreamticket

Re: FOOTBALL SEASON 2010/11

Post by dreamticket »

steelclaw wrote:
dreamticket wrote:
steelclaw wrote:Gomez is going from bad to worse that's hope Spurs get a new goalie next season, Spurs will finish 6th after Liverpool now :roll:

And my fantasy football team is well and truly cack.
Unfortunately I agree about 6th. Tend to blame the ref for the Chelsea result and not Gomez. Wasn't Gomez man of the match over the two last 16 legs against Milan?

Expect to see Man U. experience keeper woes following van der Saar's departure. Should even things up a bit.
He might have been man of the match against Milan, but it doesn't stop him making plenty of blunders this season, I still think his a good keeper though.
Blackpool have just scored :roll:
Oh well 1-1 a below average season on last year, I''m sure Spurs will get better if they can hang on to their players.
Harry doesn't want to be in he Europa league next season.
Is it humanly possible for spurs to make the CL next season? If they win all their remaining fixtures and Man C. lose all theirs? Of course, I know the goal difference is none too healthy...am I clutching at straws here/stranger things have happened/etc etc...

alanultron5

Post by alanultron5 »

My local team (Wolves) have raised my hopes again! I wonder if they'll be dashed yet again?
A Face unclouded by thought.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

I hope Wolves stay up it's nice to see a trio of Midland clubs in the top flight.

alanultron5

Post by alanultron5 »

At least we `stuffed` Villa & the Albion! :wink: :wink:

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Hooray
AFC Wimbledon have been promoted to the football league can't wait until they play MK Dons maybe the season after next.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Good for them! And they've only been in existence for nine years, so to get to the Football League so fast is a fantastic achievement. Now if only MK Dons would be relegated out of the league, justice would be done... they're a franchise team, and association football doesn't traditionally work that way. Milton Keynes should've started from the bottom.

Jonny Whizz

Post by Jonny Whizz »

I agree, it's a great story and one that somehow seems fitting given what the original Wimbledon team achieved - they became FA Cup winners just 11 years after they were elected to the Football League, and were promoted to the old First Division nine years after joining the league.

Justice has been done in a way, as MK Dons did lose in the League One play-offs. In fairness, I think many MK Dons fans support their team as passionately as the fans of other clubs, but being a franchise club is rather off-putting for a lot neutrals, as is the way the move alienated many Wimbledon fans. Fortunately, I don't think this can happen any more under Football League rules, because they now state that clubs must stay in their traditional area. This is a simple rule outside of the capital, but I assume it means that London clubs have to stay in the same part of the city, for example so that Tottenham could not move south of the Thames.
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Jonny Whizz wrote:This is a simple rule outside of the capital, but I assume it means that London clubs have to stay in the same part of the city, for example so that Tottenham could not move south of the Thames.
Shame it wasn't enforced when Arsenil moved north. :twisted:

Who's going down with West Spam.
I reckon it will be

WIGAN
BLACKPOOL
WEST HAM

Birmingham will probably draw with Spurs. :roll:

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Jonny Whizz wrote:I agree, it's a great story and one that somehow seems fitting given what the original Wimbledon team achieved - they became FA Cup winners just 11 years after they were elected to the Football League, and were promoted to the old First Division nine years after joining the league.

Justice has been done in a way, as MK Dons did lose in the League One play-offs. In fairness, I think many MK Dons fans support their team as passionately as the fans of other clubs, but being a franchise club is rather off-putting for a lot neutrals, as is the way the move alienated many Wimbledon fans. Fortunately, I don't think this can happen any more under Football League rules, because they now state that clubs must stay in their traditional area. This is a simple rule outside of the capital, but I assume it means that London clubs have to stay in the same part of the city, for example so that Tottenham could not move south of the Thames.
Apparently it doesn't apply to West Ham - the Olympic Stadium that they're moving to is in Leyton Orient's turf.

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

I reckon Birmingham are certs to drop along with (sadly) Blackpool - good to see Wimbledon are back in the English main tier well done a stunning achievement - I wasn't aware there was a rule in the FA that meant clubs must stay in their own patch, might be tough if there's redevelopment etc - been a few situations in Scotland with teams moving to other areas that haven't worked out - Clyde ( a team jut outside Glasgow - Rutherglen area) to Cumbernauld,- Airdrieonians taking over Clydebank FC (after they Airdrie went into liquidation) then changed their name to Airdrie Utd and moving to Airdrie , my own tem Hamilton spent about 9 years playing in others towns in the local area from Glasgow (Partick Thistle) to Coatbridge (Albion Rovers a really awful little ground)

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Spurs saved Wolves in the last minute :D

I :roll: Only got Blackpool right

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I presume one of tomorrows tabloids will provide a minute by minute timeline of today's fixtures as teams kept changing places. It was quite exciting. I don't have Sky but it was well presented by Gabby on BBC Final Score with their constantly changing Premier table.

alanultron5

Post by alanultron5 »

Steel! Wolves would still have pipped Birmingham if Spurs hadn't scored the second. It would be via `Goals Scored` That's why the `big fuss` at Molineux when we got the second! McLeish's face dropped when he heard it was 2-3 coz he knew it put Brum "Back in the Cack!"

Speaking of. . . we (Wolves) were an utter pile of it first half! deservedly booed off! Thankfully, the lads played for their pride second half! But if we produce many performances next season like our first half display on Sunday- we're goners!

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Alan your right I was thinking Brum had an extra point then they had, good end to the season the bottom 3 changed I think around 15 times in 90 mins.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

:shock: Yikes! That injunction has been lifted - it was Ryan Giggs who was playing away! What a fool. Man Utd have gone from celebrating the title to having a PR headache on their hands. This won't help their Champions League final preparations.