Strip Magazine on eBay

Moderator: AndyB

SID

Strip Magazine on eBay

Post by SID »

Oh well, for anyone who is interested, you can get Strip Magazine on eBay for a princely sum of £3.95 (plus £1.00 postage).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Strip-Magazin ... 3cbe6260ce
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Digifiend

Re: Strip Magazine on eBay

Post by Digifiend »

Well that's a bit cheeky. It's cover price is only £2.99, so this guy's making almost £1 profit.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

If the guy had to travel to london or somewhere to buy a few copies he may have charged the extra quid to cover his travel charges.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Where's the logic in that? Why bother travelling out of town to buy multiple copies of it, only to sell them on at just a few pence profit? And anyone who buys from this guy is stupid anyway, because he is charging more than the cover price, which there's no excuse for. Can't be worth more than the cover price when it's still on sale from the publisher and retailers.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

A lot of retailers (comic shops) have sold out though,or didn't order enough,when it came out forbidden planet in london had loads & when i was there last week they were all gone although they may well have got more in now i will check during the week.

swirlythingy

Post by swirlythingy »

big bad bri wrote:A lot of retailers (comic shops) have sold out though,or didn't order enough,when it came out forbidden planet in london had loads & when i was there last week they were all gone although they may well have got more in now i will check during the week.
...Probably because they were all bought up by people aiming to sell them on eBay at a few pence profit. :roll:
Help! Help! We're being held prisoner in a signature factory!

SID

Post by SID »

Digifiend wrote:Where's the logic in that? Why bother travelling out of town to buy multiple copies of it, only to sell them on at just a few pence profit? And anyone who buys from this guy is stupid anyway, because he is charging more than the cover price, which there's no excuse for. Can't be worth more than the cover price when it's still on sale from the publisher and retailers.
I disagree.

Remember, they are only available in selected shops and if they have sold out (FP has) and you don't know where else to go, then eBay would be a logical choice and if you want it enough, you would pay a little more. In fact, there is another copy for sale now:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Strip-Magazin ... 1c20ebdc6d

and there are 7 bids for it. At the very least, the seller will get £3.72 plus £1.60pp.
Last edited by SID on 20 Nov 2011, 21:21, edited 3 times in total.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

nottinghamian

Post by nottinghamian »

I can't see why people can't make a few pence on their copies. It's hardly worth the effort, but perhaps they bought several copies of the magazine to support it. I certainly did - I have three copies.

SID

Post by SID »

I bought five from Forbidden Planet. Maybe that is why they sold out??? :roll:

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

nottinghamian wrote:I can't see why people can't make a few pence on their copies. It's hardly worth the effort, but perhaps they bought several copies of the magazine to support it. I certainly did - I have three copies.
One to read, one to keep in pristine condition. Maybe one for a friend. That's fine. It's people looking for a quick buck I can't stand. Buying extra copies just to flog them on eBay isn't supporting the title, what if someone else is prevented from buying it because they sell out? It's selfish.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

I used to buy several copies of american comics when they were distributed in newsagents a few months after the comic shops used to get them on import ,paticulary if they sold out .I think i ended up buying about 10 copies of xfactor 1 & god knows how many mcfarlane spiderman 1, just to try & make a couple of quid profit on them through either selling them to comic shops or to mates in the school playground.

David McDonald

Post by David McDonald »

Look like Ill have to buy off Ebay, not everyone is near a comic shop, nearest one to me is 50 miles away and even then when I did manage to get to it just before christmas they had never heard of it.

David

starscape

Post by starscape »

You could subscribe David. Bar the 2000AD-fanfic, any Hibernia books coming? I'd love to release the Dan Dare 2000AD myself but seems little chance with the DD Co's change of PR firm.
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

David McDonald

Post by David McDonald »

Subs are good, but Id like to try it first!!
Im working on something that may come off, if it does it will be in the rear future.
AFAIK 2000ad themselves have fished in that water, and not got far.

David

starscape

Post by starscape »

I can see that, although, with your comic likes, I can promise you 100% you will enjoy it. The John Ridgway strip alone is what I've been waiting for since Tornado folded.
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies