Bob Holness RIP

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

tony ingram

Re: Bob Holness RIP

Post by tony ingram »

The first British actor to play James Bond, a great presenter and a gentleman to boot. Can we have an RIP please, for Bob?

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

As has Harry Fowler a cockney actor who appeared in one of my favourite films Hue and Cry which was a story about a gang of crooks who were using a Boy's paper called the Trump to get information about their next jobs - a gang of kids found out about it and trecked down the author of the stories played by Alastair Sim. The final scenes had the kids chasing the crooks over London bombsites. I spent my childhood playing on a bombsite in Rotherhithe so it has happy memories. I have the dvd so I'll try to upload some pictures of the crooks reading the Trump. I'll have to go in a minute as my fish and chips are nearly done. Its Friday!

Bob Holness was one of the presenters on my local station LBC and he has been remembered by other presenters on that station throughout the day.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Just watched Hue and Cry and then spoke to my mate Steve who said its his favourite British film of all time. He grew up in Hackney in the 60s so probably had his own bomb sites to play on. I remember when I first saw this film that I surmised that they had taken the Triumph story paper and edited the title to make it the Trump. There are lots of shots of the Trump with illustrations shown as well. I presume the illustrations were drawn especially for the film as they fit the plot. I can't seem to find a programme that allows me to take pictures from the dvd even though i did as much with those Topper pictures a few months ago in the comics on tv thread. Strange that. I have Windows media player.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Press "Print Screen", paste into Paint, crop if needed.