Hi Everyone.

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Lord Peter Flint

Hi Everyone.

Post by Lord Peter Flint »

Hello everyone,

I'm delighted to be here & thank you for accepting me.

My real name is Leo but I couldn't resist the 'Lord Peter Flint' username as my life-long love affair with British comics started with dear old Warlord in the mid 70's.

I read and collected comics for so many years - Warlord, Victor, Hotspur, Crunch, Battle and, of course, the Beano, Dandy, Topper and Beezer amongst many, many others. I had boxes of them - complete runs of Buddy, Nutty, Spike, Champ and a few others and lots of other oldies, until one day in 1996 I had a serious house fire. No one was hurt, thank goodness, but all my comics were lost. I don't mind admitting I shed a few tears over that!

I literally couldn't even begin to think about trying to rebuild the collection. But then along came the internet and fatherhood and here I am. I have a 7yr old son who is a Beano and Dandy nut! He's even had his pic in the Beano in full Dennis outfit. I cried over that too!

I only discovered the forum a few weeks ago and I've been lurking around taking great interest in some of the discussion and I decided that, as it's rude to be an eavesdropper, I'd put my head around the virtual door, say hello and introduce myself. :)

matrix

Re: Hi Everyone.

Post by matrix »

Welcome Leo, that's a bit of bad luck with the fire, but at least nobody was hurt.

Matrix.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

My good Lord, I bid you welcome!

So sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved comics [this is a fear I also share] but thankfully there was no loss of life, which is more important than any comics collection.

I bought the early copies of Worlord--it had a 'glossier' outlook than the more routine Victor etc I thought------it was more Bond-like in bits, a welcome change of direction for boy's comics at the time.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Welcome Leo. I must admit that I still fondly remember issue 1 from Sep 1974. Good to have you with us. On a lighter side, I have seen someone who is really called Peter Flint and he was growing up in the late 60's/early 70's. He must have hated DCT something chronic! :lol:
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!