This week's issue Take 2

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

Digifiend

Re: This week's issue Take 2

Post by Digifiend »

LordSnooty2 wrote:No offence or anything, but have the Beano staff ran out of ideas for covers? A very similar cover to this week's issue was published this time last summer- here's the proof:
1926379-beano3595_super.jpg
That same cover has been repurposed as the cover for the 24 page online special that can be viewed at the Golden Ticket subscription page.

New issue preview is up, couldn't they have used a different background colour on the cover? Looks too much like last week's. http://www.beano.com/beano-comic/issue-3648

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

i think the covers will be similar throughout the gold ticket promotion but i do hope they revert back as the covers remind me of dandy extreme & thats not good.

Jon

Post by Jon »

Am I being completely stupid, or does this week's issue have no issue number anywhere on it? I missed last week's issue so don't know if it was the same situation then.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Yes, it was the same last week. I put a message on Facebook asking them to make that slight alteration, but this week's and probably next week's will have already gone to the printers. If the issue number isn't restored when Golden Ticket ends, I won't be pleased.

Jon

Post by Jon »

Thanks for that info. Hope it comes back.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Hey, why is the Beano advertising something which the target audience is banned from buying? Back cover, advert for a 12-rated Nintendo DS game, called Inazuma Eleven 2. Not sure why it has a 12-rating in the first place though considering the Japanese rating is A (all ages) and there's a CITV cartoon based on that franchise.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

Is the Fred new? It's a long time since Tom's had anything new printed.

steven

Post by steven »

Digifiend wrote:Hey, why is the Beano advertising something which the target audience is banned from buying? Back cover, advert for a 12-rated Nintendo DS game, called Inazuma Eleven 2. Not sure why it has a 12-rating in the first place though considering the Japanese rating is A (all ages) and there's a CITV cartoon based on that franchise.
They recently promoted The Dark Knight Rises which has a 12A cinema rating

Raven

Post by Raven »

steven wrote:
They recently promoted The Dark Knight Rises which has a 12A cinema rating

Any child under 12 can see a 12A as long as they go with an adult.

Rasher

Post by Rasher »

Digifiend wrote:Hey, why is the Beano advertising something which the target audience is banned from buying? Back cover, advert for a 12-rated Nintendo DS game, called Inazuma Eleven 2. Not sure why it has a 12-rating in the first place though considering the Japanese rating is A (all ages) and there's a CITV cartoon based on that franchise.
Long live Mrs Whitehouse.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Raven wrote:
steven wrote: They recently promoted The Dark Knight Rises which has a 12A cinema rating
Any child under 12 can see a 12A as long as they go with an adult.
Yeah, which isn't true for video games. You have to be 12 or over to buy it. It's explained in the link.

Gilly

Post by Gilly »

AndyB wrote:Is the Fred new? It's a long time since Tom's had anything new printed.
I don't remember reading that strip before and was that Tom's strip, his trademark smelly sock was missing.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

It certainly was, it was his trademark linework.

Gilly

Post by Gilly »

It definitely looked like his style, lets hope he's back to work on Fred's Bed regularly.

Now if we could have a return for Calamity James......

-MikeD-

Post by -MikeD- »

Sub copy is here, no spoilers, but...

They've added 'thousands of digital subscriptions' to the list of Golden Ticket prizes! Yay!

It's still the same 5 pages and there's only 17 pages of strip… Boo!

Ratz is back! Yay!

But… WHAT THE **** HAVE THEY DONE TO DENNIS' DAD??? :shock:
My new art blog...beta version... http://mikedcuk.blogspot.co.uk