Daleks vs Jedi

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Marionette

Daleks vs Jedi

Post by Marionette »

Who wins?
The Tammy Project: Documenting the classic British girls' comic, one serial at a time.

philcom55

Re: Daleks vs Jedi

Post by philcom55 »

I should think so - he usually does!

Phil R.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

Understand the ways of the Force, the daleks do not!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I've never seen a Star Wars film and have no interest in ever so doing but I have often wondered (and I think I mentioned it here before) who would win a Daleks v Borg confrontation.

Just searched my original post and I'd forgotten about species 8472 who almost defeated the Borg. Enjoyed Star Trek TNG on Pick TV tonight, Picard trapped on holodeck in his Dixon Hill personna.

dandy mad

Post by dandy mad »

If Terry Nation and George Lucas got together in the 70s then Starwars would have been much better than it is...

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Interesting that in Saturday's Doctor Who the Dalek planet was covered in nano particles that turned any visitor into a Dalek - very much like Borg assimilation and it was later mentioned that the Daleks have a "hive mind" a phrase straight from the Borg episodes of Star Trek. The new assistant is a stunner.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

I couldn't help thinking that the MO matched the Cybermen more than the Daleks.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

I thought it was said that the Daleks don't have a hive mind.

- Phil R.

Marionette

Post by Marionette »

I think it's less of a hive mind, and more like wifi.
The Tammy Project: Documenting the classic British girls' comic, one serial at a time.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I'll watch the repeat on bbc 3 on Friday.

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

dandy mad wrote:If Terry Nation and George Lucas got together in the 70s then Starwars would have been much better than it is...
And it would have included at least one guy in a wheelchair and and at least one character called Tarrant...

dandy mad

Post by dandy mad »

tony ingram wrote:
dandy mad wrote:If Terry Nation and George Lucas got together in the 70s then Starwars would have been much better than it is...
And it would have included at least one guy in a wheelchair and and at least one character called Tarrant...
The bloke in the wheelchair won't be pleased when somebody pops his tyres with a lightsaber as its bound to happen....

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Raymond Burr, who played wheelchair bound tv detective Ironside for many years, once got up and walked off set stating "I'm sick of being pushed around" :)

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

Reportedly somebody on Star Trek admittted the Borg were based on the Cybermen.

The two team up in an IDW 4-issue comic series which may be available now! Or at least I found issues 1 and 3, and they told me a reprint of 2 would come in with 4, though I haven't been back yet so I may have missed them. (Oh and the story also features a lengthy segment with the Fourth Doctor, Kirk et al and classic 1960's Cybermen).

Anyway, given that the Jedi were almost defeated by Stormtroopers, with their infamous "that was near enough" aim, the Daleks would find it a walkover. Given the number of ramps you see in Star Wars, even classic Daleks would have little trouble.

Mind you, in the Doctor Who Anime a girl does defeat a Dalek with a metal pole, but that was only one.