Tommorrows launch of new magazine

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Pulp Detective

Re: Tommorrows launch of new magazine

Post by Pulp Detective »

paw broon - Was just wondering if you managed to track down Pulp Detective. If not i could look for a store for you.

Thank you

Terry

Post by Terry »

Looked in my local WH Smith and couldn't find it either

Pulp Detective

Post by Pulp Detective »

Hi terry what is your local store please? If you let me know a postcode i will find local place for you

Thank you

Pulp Detective

Post by Pulp Detective »

Just to let you know we are aware of the problems of locating Pulp Detective, unfortunately completly out of our hands. We have got on to distrubution company and will get it sorted immediately. Thank you

chrisb

Post by chrisb »

The Wishing Well in Falkirk had a copy today.

django

Post by django »

Pulp Detective wrote:django - Can you please tell me what your local spa is called so I can get on to the distributor to sort out this problem please?

Thank you
R & R Stores, WD3 3LS.

Pulp Detective

Post by Pulp Detective »

Thanks for giving postcode, email been sent straight to distrubutor to sort this very annoying situation out.

Terry

Post by Terry »

Pulp Detective wrote:Hi terry what is your local store please? If you let me know a postcode i will find local place for you

Thank you
I'm in Perth mate, PH1 is the postcode

Pulp Detective

Post by Pulp Detective »

Thanks Terry have let distributors know. Extremly frustrating to have got the product on the market and people wanting to purchase them but them not being placed in the correct place.

Thank you hope they sort it ASAP for Pulp Detective to stand any chance.

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

:shock:
I go away for a couple of weeks and a new story paper (a story paper!!) is released? And I was in Smith's yesterday too :(

*Reappear* after a mad rush to Ely, I return with a copy in my amazed hands! (Ely Smith's don't always have 2000AD or Commando). They had quite a few too. First Impressions: I'm stunned that such a thing as a story paper could even be released in this day and age (especially considering the trouble Starscape had), I'm also pleasantly surprised at how thick it is, almost exactly the size of an issue of BMC. I think the artwork is a little too "cartoony" for the hard-boiled action it depicts, plus the use of speech and thought bubbles in the pictures seems a bit unnessescary. Also I'm not sure I like the idea of setting all the stories in the same city and time, surely the chance for modern or Victorian tales shoudn't be overlooked? But I'll comment again when I've read them!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I'll have a look in the Cannon Street Smiths tomorrow.

davidandrewsimpson

Post by davidandrewsimpson »

All at Pulp Detective will be pleased to hear that the largest W H Smith's in Aberdeen had four copies on Saturday 29th September (displayed alongside the American reprint comics and 2000AD, which seems like a giood location for it), but only three copies the next day.

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

This is on the BBC news pages:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-co ... e-19649344
And, no, I haven't found a copy yet but I'll try again tomorow.

Spencer

Post by Spencer »

I feel for Richard, I really do. So, I work in the City of London and I live in mid-Essex. Happened to be out shopping in Basildon yesterday so popped into Smiths to try to buy issue 1 but it was nowhere to be seen. After checking the website I noticed that this wasn't one of the WHSmith's down as stockists anyway.

Soldiering on, found that Rivington News in Rivington Street, quite close to where I work, was a stockist. Off I trotted, 10 minutes ago, found the newsagent and was furtively searching the shelves when the lady proprietor asked if I needed any help. I asked about Pulp Detective and she said "she did have it but she sent it back".

"Why did you do that?", I asked.
"Because nobody came in to buy it"
"But it only came out on sale on Thursday?"
"Yes, and today is Monday"
"But it's a monthly title, and I have come in to buy it today, 4 days after it went on sale"
"Sorry, this is a fashion area so I mainly stock fashion magazines"

"Ok, thanks for your help, I'll try elsewhere"

No offer of ordering it for me, and I guess, no intention of stocking issue 2 for 3 days either!!

What on Earth is going on with our newsagents?

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

That's bang out of order. Magazines shouldn't be sent back before the next issue comes out.