Princess Tina

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

matrix

Re: Princess Tina

Post by matrix »

Tammyfan wrote:There were other regular characters in Princess Tina. One was "Life with Tina" (no relation to Princess Tina as far as I can tell) and one about trolls (I don't remember the title for that one).
For anyone that is interested. The first 'Life with Tina' was from Princess Tina dated 4/11/67, the last 'Life with Tina' was on the 20/11/71, where the followng week she evolved into 'Tina aims for the top' a story about Tina working for an oil company, Vulcan oil. The last 'Tina aims for the top' was dated 10/3/73, completing a run of just over five years with the two stories!

The scans below are of the first story, plus Tina on the cover in 1968.

She was associated with 'Princess Tina', on top of the first page it reads," Meet Tina -the girl who named your favourite paper - in this hilarious new story!"
Attachments
Life.with.Tina.1.jpg
Life.with.Tina.2.jpg
Tina.cover.jpg

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

philcom55 wrote:The one about trolls was called, surprisingly enough, 'The Trolls'. :wink: It was drawn by Hugh McNeill and was based on a line of peculiarly revolting toys.

- Phil R.
I think Princess Tina meant The Trolls to be good guys, even if they looked revolting. But it's been a while since I read a Trolls strip from an old Princess Tina annual, so I don't remember them that well.

suebutcher

Post by suebutcher »

The Trolls aren't revolting, they're cute because they're beautifully ugly! You boys just don't understand. :wink:

matrix

Post by matrix »

suebutcher wrote:The Trolls aren't revolting, they're cute because they're beautifully ugly! You boys just don't understand. :wink:
Oh yes we do Sue, they're cool little rascals, that remind us of ourselves when we were naughty little boys!!

suebutcher

Post by suebutcher »

I haven't got many issues of "Princess Tina" - girls' annuals are easier to find and have self-contained stories - but here's my favourite cover. Nicely harmonious colours, and the girl looks like a preteen Valerie Singleton.
Attachments
PT29-6-68.jpg

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

...Ah yes! The famous Blue Peter bird box - liberally smeared with superglue to enable closer inspection of our feathered friends. Happy days! :)

- Phil R.

jluc-parker

Post by jluc-parker »

Hello,
I have information about these three journals Summer Extra 1969, 1970, 1971?
Found My Chum Yum Yum inside or Alona....?
Maybe Jean Sidobre drawings?
Attachments
summer extra.jpg

matrix

Post by matrix »

Hi Jluc, the 1970 has a Jean Sidobre 'Alona' in it, reprinted from a 'princess' comic, from either 1964 or 1965, if you need any more details just let me know.

jluc-parker

Post by jluc-parker »

Hello, a good man can scan/photo the cover of Tina No. 25 (1st My Chum Yum Yum by Sidobre) in good quality, please ? :)
And the first page of My Chum Yum Yum number 25?