Recent and New TV Programs..

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Peter Gray

Recent and New TV Programs..

Post by Peter Gray »

The Wiper Times BBC 4 was very good and showed another side of the War that the men tried to cheer themselves up to keep themselves going...

Carol and i both enjoyed it..
Its on Iplayer...Spy I'd think you will like it..

Black humour and it also had poems the men wrote in the trenches..

Peter Gray

Re: Recent and New TV Programs..

Post by Peter Gray »

Digital Spy

Any self-respecting Marvel Comics fan is excited for the launch of Agents of SHIELD - premiering on ABC on Tuesday, September 24 at 8/7c and following soon after on the UK's Channel 4 on Friday, September 27 at 8pm.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s227/a ... z2fWYFoTWe
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

Will give this ago hopefully good...

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

Thanks, Peter---yes, I love the History of WW2, I had a mate round the house last week who demanded to see a documentary [on channel 4 on demand] about that bloke who looks like Charlie Chaplin who caused a fair bit of rumpus in the 30s and 40s, and I love the colourized footage , which they are even adding to the Great War [1914-18] newsreel film.

Great stuff!

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

What do people think of S.H.E.I.L.D then..

its not realistic But i'm enjoying it...the lorry being flung into the air was amazing...the special effects are impressive..also clever twist with the kidnapped scientist..

Bigwords

Post by Bigwords »

Peter Gray wrote:What do people think of S.H.E.I.L.D then.
I came to a realization about ten minutes from the end of the second episode, and have yet to see anything to prove me wrong - we shouldn't be watching the episodes on their own merits, but as breadcrumbs for future stories. Joss is planting seeds. Whether anything comes from them is another thing entirely. *has bitter memories of Firefly and Dollhouse getting canned way too soon*

starscape

Post by starscape »

I thought it was good enough. Not fantastic. I suspect in 10 years time, it'll remind me of how Knight Rider looks now. Entertaining enough but no must not miss.
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

I tend to agree with Big Words on this: it never pays to underestimate Joss Whedon (I bet DC are kicking themselves that his 'Wonder Woman' series never came to fruition!).

I did like the fish tank joke though! :)

- Phil Rushton

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

After a couple of years cajoling I have finally got my mate Steve to watch season 1 of NCIS I lent him and he is hooked. He's bought seasons 1-8 box set.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Channel hopping over Christmas trying to see if there was anything decent on I came across a little gem on CBeebies called Katie Morag. Its based on a series of children's books and it is quite delightful - set in the Scottish Islands. Katie is like a female Oor Wullie and, just like comic characters, she always wears the same outfit. Its only about fifteen minutes long so they show two episodes back to back. Makes me want to move to that area and get away from city life. Obviously I would have to arrange for pie and mash to be helicoptered in.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Collectaholics on BBC2 was good and was useful advice for pople where the collection can be spoilt if it starts to clutter...which I know to well....been to the charity shop lots of times recently and another lot to go soon...

The Railway signs and posters...and garage stuff were great..

dandy mad

Post by dandy mad »

I watched the collectahollics show and with programmes like this they always bring monetary value into it and I myself had quite a lot of Dandy comics cluttering the house up but those have gone into storage now as I just couldn't part with them for any sum of money offered