What comics did you buy today?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Sweeny Toddler

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by Sweeny Toddler »

philcom55 wrote:...D.O.N.G.!!! :)
:D

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Sweeny Toddler wrote:About 100 Beano/Dandy comic libraries and a storage box.
Please check them against my list and report any that are missing.

Sweeny Toddler

Post by Sweeny Toddler »

Digifiend wrote:
I certainly will, I haven't received them yet but will do that when I get them no problem.

I hope nobody minds but can I ask are the Comic Libraries Size A. I ordered a storage box and looking at back boards storage bags etc but nowhere on line says "this will fit comic libraries" it's all American comics, silver age size etc etc and I have no idea what size that is :oops:

Closest I've come is some advertise they fit commando size comics. Are they the same size as the comic libraries. Sorry for going :offtopic2: :)

blaing

Post by blaing »

I have bought today two issues of Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse from 1958 (21/6 and 1/11 issues respectively.)

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Sweeny Toddler wrote:
Digifiend wrote:
I certainly will, I haven't received them yet but will do that when I get them no problem.

I hope nobody minds but can I ask are the Comic Libraries Size A. I ordered a storage box and looking at back boards storage bags etc but nowhere on line says "this will fit comic libraries" it's all American comics, silver age size etc etc and I have no idea what size that is :oops:

Closest I've come is some advertise they fit commando size comics. Are they the same size as the comic libraries. Sorry for going :offtopic2: :)
Yes, Beano and Dandy Comic Libraries (and Fun-Sizes) are the exact same size as Commando. And thanks, don't worry, there's no deadline.

Sweeny Toddler

Post by Sweeny Toddler »

Thanks Digifiend ,that's a real help! Oh and I made a typo it was 200 comic libraries I bought!!

Back on track now I bought 233 Dandy Comics from the eighties including complete years 1983, 1984 and 1985, also 2 Sparky annuals. I had never heard of Sparky before I came on this forum so I'm looking forward to seeing them.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

The Dandy Book 1969. Spine damage, some ball point pen inside, £10.

dandy mad

Post by dandy mad »

The Beano summer special 1981,83,85,86 to complete a decade run from 81-91

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

David Luis wrote:I found this site, all comics for free and online...
And a free virus with every poxy pirated copy. Troll off. TRUE fans don't download illegal copies.

Richard S.

Post by Richard S. »

Hear, Hear Lew

I second that.
my blog: http://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.co.uk/
facebook: Richard Sheaf
facebook group: Boys adventure comic blog
Twitter: @richardandsheaf
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BoysAdventureComics/

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Sigh! That link was posted already, and the thread got deleted, with good reason.

dandy mad

Post by dandy mad »

I myself agree with Lew these crap freebie comic sites should be taken down and as for putting a virus in with the download is funny tbh and if those stupid enough to get the free comic would have paid for it many times over when the fool who thinks they've got a bargain of lifetime finds out that their bank account suddenly gets wiped out... :lol:

Al
Sir!

Post by Al »

David Luis has been removed from the database (along with an IP address ban)

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Went to the comic fair in London today but didn't buy any comics as i now think i have enough for anyone. Picked up 30 original gag cartoons from Phil Clark. I think they are from the back of the IPC Smash! but something tells me I could be wrong as I have every issue of that comic and none of these cartoons rings a bell - also they seem slightly adult for a children's comic. My Smash! collection is in storage so I can't check but it looks like the same artist. Here are a few examples.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

stevezodiac wrote:...Picked up 30 original gag cartoons from Phil Clark. I think they are from the back of the IPC Smash! but something tells me I could be wrong as I have every issue of that comic and none of these cartoons rings a bell - also they seem slightly adult for a children's comic.
...Nyaarggh! :)

I meant to go back and have a rummage through them when I got chance, but next time I looked they'd all been sold. The ones I saw on top of the pile (though not those shown above) seemed to be the work of Roland Fiddy who produced a lot of cartoons for Ranger as well as drawing 'Private Prune' in Boys' World.

Here's a self-portrait from an article about him that was printed in Everybody's Weekly in 1956.

- Phil Rushton