Simpsons comics

Discuss comics from around the world.

Moderator: AndyB

Hard Truths

Simpsons comics

Post by Hard Truths »

Anyone read these? I do, but they've been a bit boring and formulaic lately. It's always a main plot about Lisa and a sub-plot about Homer or Bart and eventually they connect in the end. Then again, now that I think of it, the humour in them was never really clever (and in some cases, non-existent).

philcom55

Re: Simpsons comics

Post by philcom55 »

I do tend to watch out for Radioactive Man stories. The early ones in particular featured some wonderful spoofs on DC and Marvel superhero comics.

- Phil Rushton

starscape

Post by starscape »

Big fan of the Radioactive Man comics too. Loved Backseid in the New Gods parody. Or the superheroes that have come to clean up the city and wash it free from evil. But then, who washes the Washmen?
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

I read them at the start, but yes, I agree. They are generally poorer than the worst tv stories.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

I usually get the Treehouse of Horror issue every year, but even THAT was a disappointment in 2013!

Simpsons Comics were best when they first started, as they'd have a page called "The Bongo Beat" in which Matt Groening would talk about his childhood or his early career as a cartoonist/music journalist. If they combined all those into a book I'd be happy.
http://twoheadedthingies.blogspot.co.uk/ - My comics blog, mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s

r3tr0_gam3r

Post by r3tr0_gam3r »

I'm a huge fan of the Simpsons TV series (I even have a Treehouse of Horror leg sleeve tattoo) but even as a child, I remember not being all that keen on the comics, despite being a huge comics fan for years. I've not read one in quite a while, so can't really give an opinion on today's content.