Is this forum turning its toes up?

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

dandy mad

Re: Is this forum turning its toes up?

Post by dandy mad »

I don't think the comics uk forum will be disappearing into the abyss anytime soon...

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

And today is a good example of us having peaks and troughs. I logged on today and there are 10 plus active threads.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Al
Sir!

Post by Al »

hear hear :up:

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Al wrote:And today is a good example of us having peaks and troughs. I logged on today and there are 10 plus active threads.
But with no clear indication that this is not just one of those flurries of activity that I referred to earlier. :)

DavidKW

Post by DavidKW »

I don't think so - just one of those calms before the storm.

Like JT Mirana, I am not online, and don't own my own computer (unable to afford one, largely due to living costs; plus no broadband connection in my houseshare though my housemate talked about getting it connected; but he talls a lot & does nothing & has his woman friends's house with BB to go to).

So I often go to the library with a limited timespan and when I can; alos use comps at work when I can (not often).

Have been very busy what with weather and other things. Also face having to may find another place to live (and concern for future preservation of my collection) which is a major distraction. (landlord talked of selling up).

I do like looking at this site anyway to hear memories & gain more knowledge.

I have not had much to say recently but new topics I am developing & reviviing a few old ones too.

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

I don't believe it is "turning its toes up" As others have said, there are peaks and troughs. I haven't posted for a while, despite having a look at the forum when I had time, because there have been family problems with illness and my wife and I have been running about like those blue flies. You'll also see, if you care to look, that my posts on comicbookplus have been way down also - same reason.
As my own problems lessen for a bit, I can put my mind back in comics mode. So, I've been catching up on some blogs I occasionally peruse and will now put up a link in the general comics section, to an article that might start some discussion. :xfingers:

SID

Post by SID »

There's nothing wrong with this site. It simply has its own pace. Not too fast or demanding.

It's good for finding out new things and having debates. :)

And there's no other forum like it (is there?).
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

There's another site [I won't mention it] that gave me such a hard time, that today when I add a comment [which is rare] I add at the end:

'sorry, I won't be back to this thread'

so the [usually] negative comments never get read by me, although I know they keep adding comments after me.

Not much fun for them if they know I never read them, though....

No such qualms on here, even old Lew is just a fluffy old softie at heart!

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

ISPYSHHHGUY wrote:There's another site [I won't mention it] that gave me such a hard time, that today when I add a comment [which is rare] I add at the end:

'sorry, I won't be back to this thread'

so the [usually] negative comments never get read by me, although I know they keep adding comments after me.

Not much fun for them if they know I never read them, though....

No such qualms on here, even old Lew is just a fluffy old softie at heart!

:?: I've never tried to be anything else Rab.
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

I also check in every day but don't always post,I wonder if traffic has went down because there are hardly any uk weeklies left especially since the demise of Dandy,aside from Beano & 2000ad,i wont count Phoenix as i still cant believe it is going & i stopped buying that a year ago as i didn't think that much of it after reading issues 1-6 even though i have up to 50 odd issues it just wasn't my cup of tea.But i do enjoy reading the general comics discussion thread & comic titles,I rarely read this the non -comics discussion & artists,conventions etc threads.

Billythecat

Post by Billythecat »

I say to my shame that I only returned to Albion's comic shores after a lifetime caught up in spandex and Americana about 4 years ago. Since then I have had some great tour guides and this place has been great for me to trawl through. I probably haven't posted near enough though.

You are loved.