U.F.O. Shado 2 & Interceptor Toys

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

japandroid

U.F.O. Shado 2 & Interceptor Toys

Post by japandroid »

When I was a kid my Grandad took me to the Tank Museum at Bovington Camp. After hours of wandering around we ended up (invariably as it is with this kind of thing) at the gift shop. After very little perusal of the masses of toy tanks and other assorted miltary vehicles, I couldn't be dettered from buying a Shado 2 (the only fantasy vehicle there). My Grandad was incredulous.
Anyway, I've had a sudden hankering to buy a Shado 2 and Interceptor and after a look at ebay it looks like the options have changed somewhat. I reckon I fancy the TV Show real versions ie white Interceptor and blue Shado 2. Does anyone know which are the best ones available? There seems to be some very cool custom refurbs around as well. I don't mind waiting for the right models to turn up, any help would be appreciated.

dandy mad

Re: U.F.O. Shado 2 & Interceptor Toys

Post by dandy mad »

Product Enterprise do good SHADO Mobiles and there's the Dinky Toys from the early 1970s but these can be expensive then there is the scratch built studio scale models to consider but you'll need a few grand to score one of those

japandroid

Post by japandroid »

Thanks! Those look amazing. Does £50 sound reasonable for the Shado, any idea how much they were originally? I saw the Interceptor with UFO going for £150!!

japandroid

Post by japandroid »

No, I'll take that back there's one going for £295!!

dandy mad

Post by dandy mad »

japandroid wrote:Thanks! Those look amazing. Does £50 sound reasonable for the Shado, any idea how much they were originally? I saw the Interceptor with UFO going for £150!!
The SHADO Mobiles cost £40 when they where released but try and get one with less weathered paintwork these are from the first batch that were released the ones that followed got "dirtied" up plus the SHADO Interceptor at that price is a rip off unless it's the Japanese version in the all picture box

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I had an interceptor in one of those bubble boxes with the cardboard base but i sold it a year or so back on ebay. It was in superb condition and was green with a white missile.

japandroid

Post by japandroid »

When I was a kid I never noticed the colours were different to the TV versions. They didn't change the other Anderson toy colours as far as I know. The Shado 2 is my favourite toy vehicle ever, even better than the Matchbox Land Raider. Back in the mid 80's a there was an original Shado 2 model from the series on display in a shop window in our high street. I've no idea why I think it was a gift shop or a jewellers at the time.

dandy mad

Post by dandy mad »

Dinky did a metallic blue version of the SHADO 2 as well as the olive drab but the blue ones are much rarer and cost a lot nowadays

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I have a Dinky Thunderbird 2 which is blue. I wonder what possessed the manufacturers to ignore the tv colour?

dandy mad

Post by dandy mad »

Most of the tv related Dinky are not the same colour as the vehicles that appeared on tv screens as to why who knows?

japandroid

Post by japandroid »

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/ ... ado_mobile
Look at that! There's only 2 things I'd change; the realism of the drivers and the small size.