What comics did you buy today?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

big bad bri

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by big bad bri »

I found The Beano Dandy Character collection Rodger The Dodger book in a charity shop.Does anyone know how long this lasted etc it has 2011 inside from Hachette partworks .I never saw this in any newsagent or whs otherwise i surely would have collected it.It featured classic strips ,artist and writer profiles on the back it said other titles were Dennis the menace,Desperate Dan,Minnie the minx,bash st kids and many more to come.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

i tried to add images but didnt work :lol:

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

Never even heard of those! I'd've been all over them if I'd seen them in 2011, bah!
http://twoheadedthingies.blogspot.co.uk/ - My comics blog, mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

pics were 376 mb and limit is 300kb and i dont know how to down grade the kb size

geoff42

Post by geoff42 »

Cor!! Summer Special 1977... waiting for this a long time to appear and, then to my surprise, I acquired it for a modest £6. I would have had no hesitation in buying it for £15 on a 'buy-it-now' offer.

abacus

Post by abacus »

big bad bri wrote:pics were 376 mb and limit is 300kb and i dont know how to down grade the kb size
I always resize the picture making it smaller using the app PHOTO COMPRESS and there are plenty more photo editors for resizing available.Depending on the PC you are using just search play store or internet for photo resize.

stage 2

When I have chosen the size of picture I want to show on this forum I upload the image to the hosting app DIRECTUPLOAD and click on original size for forums.I do not send the resulting created Email but copy [img] number [img] and paste with my message to this forum.
This works fine for me and a method I worked out for myself by trial and error.{where there's a will there's a way etc.}Folks more computer literate than me will have a different and simpler method no doubt.

I also like using various photo editors for playing around to try and improve the picture quality of the camera shot I have taken, usually making the picture lighter and clearer.
Last edited by abacus on 29 May 2016, 06:06, edited 11 times in total.

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

Just received my copy of the mammoth Doctor Who Magazine #500, and one of te highlights is the comic strip, which resurrects a multitude of characters from the strip's past including Frobisher the penguin and the villainous Josiah W. Dogbolter. :D

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

The Human Bats tried to fly in yesterday. As I was not expecting them to attempt to get in at four o'clock in the afternoon I had gone out, so I had to go down to my local P.O. storage facility at 7 this morning in order to release them.

abacus

Post by abacus »

Not exactly comics but related to UK I bought Beau Peep book No12 and Beau Peep 10th anniversary edition books from a charity shop at 20p each, this of course is from the Daily Star newspaper strip and one I enjoy reading although I don't buy the newspaper.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

big bad bri wrote:I found The Beano Dandy Character collection Rodger The Dodger book in a charity shop.Does anyone know how long this lasted etc it has 2011 inside from Hachette partworks .I never saw this in any newsagent or whs otherwise i surely would have collected it.It featured classic strips ,artist and writer profiles on the back it said other titles were Dennis the menace,Desperate Dan,Minnie the minx,bash st kids and many more to come.
This actually didn't get released until September 2012, and even then, only in Newcastle as a test launch:
http://lewstringer.blogspot.co.uk/2012/ ... ction.html
It should have included a figurine.

starscape

Post by starscape »

Charity shop had the 1984 Tiger Annual. As they were selling four annuals for £1, I also got a couple of Beezers and a Desperate Dan (never enjoyed Dan, even as a young kid, but my wife likes him).
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Digifiend wrote:
big bad bri wrote:I found The Beano Dandy Character collection Rodger The Dodger book in a charity shop.Does anyone know how long this lasted etc it has 2011 inside from Hachette partworks .I never saw this in any newsagent or whs otherwise i surely would have collected it.It featured classic strips ,artist and writer profiles on the back it said other titles were Dennis the menace,Desperate Dan,Minnie the minx,bash st kids and many more to come.
This actually didn't get released until September 2012, and even then, only in Newcastle as a test launch:
http://lewstringer.blogspot.co.uk/2012/ ... ction.html
It should have included a figurine.
It wasnt a a magazine its a hard back book.
edit -i tried to put 4 pics only took 1
Attachments
20160527_003751-min.jpg
Last edited by big bad bri on 28 May 2016, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Cover
Attachments
20160527_003700-min.jpg

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Ken reid
Attachments
20160527_003717-min.jpg

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

abacus wrote:
big bad bri wrote:pics were 376 mb and limit is 300kb and i dont know how to down grade the kb size
I always resize the picture making it smaller using the app PHOTO COMPRESS and there are plenty more photo editors for resizing available.Depending on the PC you are using just search play store or internet for photo resize.

stage 2

When I have chosen the size of picture I want to show on this forum I upload the image to the hosting app DIRECTUPLOAD and click on original size for forums.I do not send the resulting created Email but copy [img] number [img] and paste with my message to this forum.
This works fine for me and a method I worked out for myself by trial and error.{where there's a will there's a way etc.}Folks more computer literate than me will have a different and simpler method no doubt.

I also like using various photo editors for playing around to try and improve the picture quality of the camera shot I have taken, usually making the picture lighter and clearer.
Thank you abacus got it to work :lol: