Christmas 2016 - What Did You Get for Xmas?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

SID

Re: Christmas 2016 - What Do You Want/Hope To Get for Xmas?

Post by SID »

Stephen Parry wrote:I get cash from some people - so it'll be spent on the next volume of Judge Dredd: The Case Files...
It's a good book too. :cheers:
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

There are a whole swathe of the later issues of Jinty that I still need that have just been acquired by 30th Century Comics. If I get some cash for Christmas, and if the issues haven't already been sold, and if I haven't succumbed to temptation to plunder the housekeeping money and buy them anyway... then I may well get myself some of those as a treat. :-)
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

dishes

Post by dishes »

I'm hoping to get some of these
Gabrielle Bell - any (had her first two books but gave them away years ago, fully intending to replace them)
John Porcellino - Hospital Suite
Oesterheld and Schiaffino - Eternaut
Lynda Barry - any of the reprinted Marlys/Freddie stories
Olivier Schrauwen- Arsène Schrauwen (have read this, but the art was so amazing I need it for my collection)
Is it weird to have no interest in keeping or collecting free gifts?

My artwork: http://www.iancockburn.co.uk

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Anything comic related will do me. I would really like some Felix Carrion art but I won't say no to anything that builds the collection.

Mind you, now that we have moved, you would not believe the amount of comics I am finding! :lol:
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

I know what you mean Col. Over the years I've collected so much stuff I've since forgotten about that having a rummage in my spare room can sometimes feel like visiting the best comic shop in the whole world! :)

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

philcom55 wrote:I know what you mean Col. Over the years I've collected so much stuff I've since forgotten about that having a rummage in my spare room can sometimes feel like visiting the best comic shop in the whole world! :)
Phil, that is exactly it! I am currently trying to dig out all my Picture Libraries as I think I have around the 2,000 mark for Commando but keep finding other things and I am working hard to not allow myself to get distracted! I have found the book length interview with John Byrne that I really wanted to sit down and read but just can't!

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

There's about 300 comic/books on my Amazon wish list... If I get anything from there I'll be happy :D
http://twoheadedthingies.blogspot.co.uk/ - My comics blog, mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s

SID

Re: Christmas 2016 - What Did You Get for Xmas?

Post by SID »

Well I got what I wanted.

Recap:

The Dandy Annual 2017.
Dan Dare - The 2000AD Years Book 2.
Dan Dare Audio Adventures from Big Finish.
Trigan Empire graphic novel.
Merry Christmas, everyone! :cheers:
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Richard S.

Post by Richard S. »

Moon cop by Tom Gauld
my blog: http://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.co.uk/
facebook: Richard Sheaf
facebook group: Boys adventure comic blog
Twitter: @richardandsheaf
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BoysAdventureComics/

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

I got the 2000AD script book which was totally unexpected and the Roy Race biography which was expected...

SID

Post by SID »

colcool007 wrote:I got the 2000AD script book which was totally unexpected and the Roy Race biography which was expected...
I was thinking of getting the script book myself. Is it any good?

peace355

Post by peace355 »

I got two Mike Madrid collections that collect american golden age heroines and villains, which are entertaining.

"Divas, Dames & Daredevils: Lost Heroines of Golden Age Comic"
"Vixens, Vamps & Vipers: Lost Villainesses of Golden Age Comics"

I also got some avengers fridge magnets, and that was it for comic related stuff.
Got lots of other nice stuff too, i's been a good christmas!

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

SID wrote:
colcool007 wrote:I got the 2000AD script book which was totally unexpected and the Roy Race biography which was expected...
I was thinking of getting the script book myself. Is it any good?
I don't know yet as I have spent today emptying boxes into our two big bookcases that I only got round to putting up today! That's another 10 plus boxes emptied so as far as I am concerned, I have earned a rest tonight! :lol:

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

Hi peace, if you fancy reading the stories featuring your lost heroines and villainesses, most of them are pd and many of their appearances are available on CB+. For instance, there is a compilation of Mysta of the Moon stories here
http://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=57919
And a Black Angel compilation here
http://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=57921
Lots more, so let me know if you can't find stuff or need the links.

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

Didn't get anything Jinty-related for Xmas but I did get a copy of this graphic novel about Egyptian gods:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ha ... ptian-gods

Fun and well-done! Not so safe to leave around for my kids to pick up but never mind that :-)
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.