Character First Appearance?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

werepuppy

Character First Appearance?

Post by werepuppy »

Hope this is the right forum, first of all. This comes about after a chat with my Dad in which neither of us had an answer.

When did the character Primrose Patterson first appear in the Oor Wullie comics?

I remember being there during my childhood reading in the 90s. Dad thought she was around before that, but Google did not provide an answer, and we were hoping you great people could.

Thanks in advance!

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Character First Appearance?

Post by colcool007 »

I want to say she has been in Oor Wullie from the 1940s as I am sure that she appeared in the first Oor Wullie book. She was definitely in from the late 1970s / early 1980s but I can't say for certain if she was in any earlier. Hopefully Ray will be along soon and be able to answer.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

bigpete

Post by bigpete »

I think she was there in the early days as well Col.
bigpete

werepuppy

Post by werepuppy »

Thanks, all. I have seen appearances of a character that has Primrose's design, but is often given other names. I think this is what is fuelling my confusion on the topic.